Friday, January 7, 2011

A new challenge in time

I've started to write this blog as I'm taking part of a new challenge for myself. I've always loved photography. I've just had very little time to make it a steady hobby for myself. I'm hoping this will help expand my love for photography and help me learn more about the art of it. It is called project 52, and it is a challenge to take a picture a week for an entire year. Not just any random picture, but a picture that has meaning to them. The object is to have a theme to the pictures and follow that through 52 weeks. I have to thank the wonderful Styleberry Blog for the inspiration for this picture challenge. I first stumbled upon her blog searching for more information on how to make homemade baby food and I've loved it ever since.

This will be a learn in progress journey too. I by no means claim to be a photographer. I don't own one of those amazing cameras that allow others to take great pictures. Perhaps someday I will. I did just upgrade my camera a few months ago, it's a step up from my point and shoot. I also don't use an expensive editing program. In fact I use a free one (that's the frugal in me, check out my other blog on more about that!). I do believe that every one can capture the moments of your life through pictures whether they look like they were professionally done or not.

So what is my theme? So many times I've said how 'time has flown by' or 'I wish I could remember when' or 'I can't believe how fast that went'. Especially now that we have four beautiful children. I feel that part of their childhood and my motherhood is slipping though my fingers. I want to help preserve those special moments that happen every day, not just during big events like holidays and birthdays. So my theme this year is 'Capturing Time'. I'm going to post my picture for the week on Fridays. I'm hoping being able to blog about these will help keep me going on this challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment